Monday, 18 August 2014

Lily Lolo Translucent Silk Finishing Powder Review


I've got fairly dry skin but I've recently noticed that my skin has started to get oilier round my t-zone, meaning my foundation isn't lasting as long around this area. So I decided to look into finding a translucent setting powder to help my make up last throughout the day. I wanted to find one that was cruelty free so my first port of call was CuteCosmetics.co.uk, where I found the Lily Lolo powder, which sounded like exactly what I needed but was out of stock! However, a bit of googling around and I found some available on Amazon here. It arrived in the post just two days later and I was super excited to try it.
Also included in my parcel was a catalogue of Lily Lolo's other products, and I've already got my eye on their eyeshadow in Vanilla Shimmer and the Natural Lipstick in Desire.

First off, the packaging is so chic and simple, I really like it.




This powder really does do the job. It makes my make up last so much longer, while still leaving it looking dewy and fresh, not cakey and dry like a lot of other powders I've tried in the past. It also doesn't dry my skin out, which is really important as a lot of powders tend to make my skin really flaky. It goes on really easily (I apply it with my Real Techniques powder brush) and looks super natural on the skin. I've always avoided powders because I like to use make up that gives a dewy, luminous effect, so I'm glad to have finally found one that adds to this effect rather than mattifies it!

Here's what it looks like when worn of make up. As you can see it's nice and translucent and lets the dewiness of my foundation shine through!


Has anyone else tried any of Lily Lolo's lovely products? What did you think?

Much Love,

Jodi Pops


No comments:

Post a Comment