Tuesday, 25 June 2013

Twist and Shout

DSC04077

It’s probably pretty obvious from my blog that I love all things 1950s, so when I found out that my older sister, Jenny, was having a 50s themed hen party, I jumped with joy!
DSC04083

I decided it would be the perfect occasion to wear this dress, which I picked up quite a while ago now in a charity shop in New Cross near to my University. I instantly fell for the gorgeous blue colour and the dainty white flowers, and the shape and structure of this dress meant that for £4 I just couldn’t say no!
DSC04085
Just a moment of shoe appreciation. I bought these shoes from New Look about 2 weeks ago (I was glad to have one last chance to use my student card before it expired!) and I've been so desperate to wear them! They're surprisingly comfy and are made out of a jelly shoe type material, so at least they will be easy to clean after a night out! I always wear the same pair of black heels when I go out because they are so comfy and go with everything, so it's nice to now have another option, and they were a steal at £17.99 with student discount!
DSC04091

DSC04092

DSC04104
I had my cream vanity case to complete the 50s vibe. It doubled up as a shoe bag though as I ended up carrying around my mom's rather uncomfy heels for most of the night as she swapped for flats pretty quickly!
DSC04106
For the hen do, we had a lovely afternoon with lots of cake and a lovely hairdresser doing us all 50s hairstyles at Jenny's new sister-in-law's house, followed by us all heading down to All Star Lanes in Brick Lane. The food was delicious, especially the fries, and the bowling was really fun!

Jenny looked amazing in her outfit, her best friend even made her a 50s style sash and veil!!
DSC04121

DSC04123
My mom and I enjoying some lovely cocktails! The hairdresser lady did my hair in victory rolls which I loved, even if a man on the tube told me I looked like Wolverine!
DSC04119
A fun night was had by all and now I am super excited for my sister's wedding in August!

Lots of love,
Jodi Pops
x

8 comments:

  1. Aw, wonderful!! All of you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a grea idea to do a 50's style hen party. I love the dress on you and the victory rolls are brilliant

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Jodi! yo are simply too adorable!!! you a cute cute cute! loving this dress...then your victory rolls for the party!! hope you had a great time my dear! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the dress!
    Great blog, so I'm a new follower on GFC =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you're so cute and I love your style so I nominated you for the Liebster award! see my post below :)

    http://andrea-herinfinitevariety.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so lovely in this sweet dress, and I love your vanity case!

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. ah, your style is so lovely! this dress here is perfect for summer and i love the glitter heels you paired with this. that party seems like so much fun, and i love your hair when you went there!

    lindsey louise

    hellomrrabbitblog.com

    ps: newest follower, i love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so adorable! :) I love your hair, too!

    ReplyDelete