Tuesday, 21 May 2013

Key West

IMG_2307
Hello from Key West! I'm currently in Florida visiting my Auntie, Uncle and Cousins who live here (I know, they are so lucky!!) It's been super hot and sunny so I've been making sure to apply the factor 50 and sit in the shade because I burn easily!
Yesterday my Auntie and Uncle had work so my Mom and I headed out for a girly day and to do some sight seeing. First up we visited the house that Ernest Hemingway lived in while he was a Key West resident.
IMG_2295
It's probably quite bad that I've done an English Literature degree and have only ever read 'The Old Man and the Sea' by Hemingway, but it was still very interesting to learn about his life in Key West, and the house was beautiful.
DSC03933DSC03935
In the house live 45 cats, all descendants from Hemingway's own cats, and many of them have 6 toes, just like their ancestors who were Hemingway's pets also did. They were so cute and out guide fed them lots of treats! The photo directly above is of Hemingway's studio, where he wrote many of his most famous works. 

DSC03948

After visiting Hemingway's home, we walked over to my Auntie and Uncle's guesthouse, The Artist House. It's such a beautiful building with it's lilac shutters, so my mom was kind enough to snap a few outfit photos for me.
DSC03950

The hat is practically glued to my head at the moment, I am in love with the colour! The dress is one I bought from a shop in Aberystwyth years ago and the shoes are a battered but very comfy pair from New Look.
DSC03953

Me with my beautiful Mom.
DSC03951

I can't get enough of the colour scheme of the building, it's so pretty!!!
DSC03954


DSC03955

I know these aren't very good photos but I just wanted to show these cakes from the bakery opposite the Artist House, aren't they just incredible?


DSC03905

DSC03907
And this was the amazing salad I had with peanut sauce and spicy thai sauce along with a big portion of chips. A lot of my chips were already eaten by the time I took this photo! American food is just amazing!!!
DSC03926


DSC03911
And a more than honorable mention goes to Bones the dog, for just being the sweetest dog ever!!!  My cousin and I took him for a walk along the pier the other day, and here he is looking gorgeous! 

Much Love
xx

7 comments:

  1. Wow wow wow, your trip honestly sounds like the best thing ever!! Ernest Hemmingway's house? I am swooning! <3 and your outfit is divine. Yellow hats always remind me so much of Madeline!

    xo
    Jo
    Lost in the Haze

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is one of the loveliest I've seen! You look so pretty. And Ernest Hemingway's house? I am in awe. <3

    Kathy
    www.mypeachdays.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, so fun! I saw that Hemingway photo on instagram and wondered about your location actually! I love that dress - in fact is it by Dahlia from like 2009? I think I own it... hahaha. Great photos! Enjoy the sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i bought it in a little shop in wales!!! i just checked out the label and it says the brand is 'amour' but maybe dahlia brought out a similar one? we could be dress twins haha!

      and thank you! despite my best efforts i'm burnt already
      xxxxx

      Delete
  4. Hi pretty lady! I found you on Chictopia, you are absolutely adorable. So jealous that you got to take a trip to Key West! Definitely following your blog :)

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fab outfit, very jealous! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh I am so jealous of your visit to the Hemingway house! What a dream. I love your dress and hat, and I also love them together.

    ReplyDelete