Friday, 12 April 2013

Meet Me in St Louis

judy garland dress
As a lover of musicals, I am a huge fan of Judy Garland, and could spend endless amounts of time watching videos of her performances on YouTube. One of my particular favourites is 'The Boy Next Door' from Meet Me In St Louis, so when I spied this vintage dress that reminds me of the dress she wears in that scene, I just had to buy it! I know they're not really that similar, but I think it's just the stripes and the collar that remind me.
In the garden of my family home we have this amazing old fashioned lamp post (which means that when it snows my garden actually looks a bit like Narnia!), and I couldn't resist using it for a photo opportunity to show off my new dress.
judy garland dress
I'm wearing it with my new vintage cream vanity case which you may recognise from my last outfit post. I'm seriously in love with it and it is definitely going to become a staple for many outfits to come. My hat is a little straw hat that I think probably belonged to my mom or my sister as part of a costume for a show or something, but I decided it went well with the outfit anyway! 
Other than that, I wore a pair of sheer white tights and my old faithful Topshop t-bar shoes, which are starting to get rather worn out...
judy garland dress
I had to get a shot with the crocuses in, it seems like spring is finally here!
judy garland dress
shoes and vanity case
Beautiful flowers are starting to appear.
DSC03808
DSC03806

Much Love,

Jodi Pops
x

19 comments:

  1. Amazing outfit dear ! I love the way you modernize vintage outfits, and your have such a pretty face ! I'm craving for your shoes since I saw it when I read your entire blog ! Have a lovely week end !

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, this's absolutely cute, charmin' and inspirin'! U look enadearin'<3
    let's follow each other?
    www.helendushko.com

    Helen
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dress is perfection. Love this look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in love with your garden!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad to have discovered your blog. You're a cutie!

    Becky
    xx
    http://www.beckybedbug.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a seriously cute outfit!
    I'm so finally that spring seems to finally have arrived, fingers crossed it actually sticks around!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw that you were following me had a look and ahhh!! I'm in love with your blog already after seeing this outfit!! what a delight! that hat! those shoes, that dress....the suitcase! you are simply adorable! xxxxx rebecca from (thecinnamonslipper!) howdy! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are the cutest! I absolutely adore your style! Found your blog through Becky Bedbug's :) Now following!

    in-my-sundaybest.blogspot.co.uk

    XOXO Sade

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look so cute I love your outfit xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love your outfit and style!
    Yours just so so cute!

    Day Dreams & Daisy Chains

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much kelly, you are too sweet ♥

      Delete
  11. I just found your blog and fell in love! Girl, you are absolutely, insanely pretty! Your outfit is exquisite and the whole blog is just lovely... :) Adorable sense of style you've got ^^ x

    nancywilde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awwww thank you so much nancy!!!! xxx

      Delete
  12. Too prettyヽ(*・ω・)ノ
    The whole coordinate is perfect as well as your hair and make-up, also I hope I will look just as young as you when 21!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much :) haha i actually got asked if i was 15 the other day, nobody ever believes that i'm at university!!! but i'm sure i'll be grateful for looking young soon enough ;)
      xxxx

      Delete
  13. Ahh I love that dress from Meet Me in St. Louis and I can see why it reminded you of it! You are lovely <3

    ReplyDelete