Friday, 13 July 2012

Herbal Essences Fresh Balance Clarifying Shampoo Review

I think pretty much anyone can relate to that frustrating "why did I bother?" feeling when you've just washed your hair, only for it to appear just as oily as before. It's one I'm pretty familiar with anyway, and I think most of the time this is down to product build up in my super fine hair. After doing some research on the internet I learnt that the best solution for this problem is to use a clarifying shampoo every few weeks to remove build up. The Herbal Essences one was the first one I came across in Boots (I originally wanted the Boots Expert Build Up Removal Shampoo but the store assistant told me they no longer sell it) and it was very reasonably priced at £3.49 for 400ml so I picked it up. I'm pleased to report that I absolutely love this shampoo, it smells great and leaves my hair and scalp feeling really cleansed and soft. I was worried it would be drying but it's not at all. I don't use this shampoo every time I wash my hair, I'll use it just every few weeks when I can feel product building up or if I've been doing a hot oil treatment on my hair and scalp to make sure the oil is all washed out. However, I think if you did have very oily hair this shampoo would be gentle enough for more frequent use. I am desperately trying to grow longer hair and apparently hair follicles clogged up from build up can restrict hair growth, so I am definitely going to continue using this shampoo as part of my hair routine. It's really made a difference to how clean my hair feels!
I hope my review helped, if you have any questions do not hesitate to leave me a comment and I'll get back to you.

Much love,
Jodi Pops
x

1 comment:

  1. Omg, I didn't know Boots stopped selling their expert build up removal shampoo. I loved that shampoo but kept forgetting to repurchase. I'll try this Herbal Essences one though, thank you for posting :)xx

    ReplyDelete