Friday, 8 June 2012

Steam Cream Review (For Face)

So I know there's a lot of reviews out there for Steam Cream, the natural multipurpose moisturiser that can be used for hands, body and face, but I found it difficult to find many reviews where people were just using it as a facial moisturiser. This is what I have been doing (I kind of felt it was a bit unhygienic to use the same tin for face, hands and body, as the product is in a tin rather than with a pump dispenser), so I thought I would share my own experiences with this product.

First off, as I'm sure you are all aware, Steam Cream comes in super cute limited edition tins. My sister and I both were given a tin of Steam Cream each for Christmas and both our tins were just lovely.

The only thing I don't like about these tins is that I personally prefer products with a pump dispenser or that come out of a tube, but at the same time the tins are super handy and can easily fit into your handbag. 

Although I received my tin as a Christmas gift, I only recently started using mine when I started to find that my usual moisturiser, Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturising Lotion, just wasn't moisturising enough for my skin anymore as my skin seems to have got drier. I have to tell you guys, I wasn't expecting miracles, just something that would tide me over until I found a new staple moisturiser to nourish my dry skin. However, I was pleasantly surprised with the results that Steam Cream has given me!

The cream is handmade out of loads of great natural ingredients and essential oils, which you can read all about here using a method that involves steaming the ingredients together to create the cream, hence the name. I was really worried about using a product that was also meant for the body on my face, but I found Steam Cream to be nice and light and it sinks in really well, despite feeling very rich and thick at first. That isn't to say that just because it feels light on the skin it doesn't feel very moisturising, it definitely feels like you've moisturised after you've used it.

I've really noticed some improvements in my skin since using Steam Cream. I have a lot of redness around my cheeks and jaw line, but this has reduced since using this cream on my face daily. I also feel like the texture of my skin has improved, it's not as dry and flaky as it usually is, meaning my foundation goes on a lot smoother now, which is definitely a good thing! 

There are some down sides to using this cream however, mainly in the fact that is possibly a bit too heavy for the t-zone. Like I say, I have very dry skin all over, I don't really get an oily t-zone, but using this product has meant I've started to get the odd spot on my nose and quite a bit of excess oil in that area. I've started using a toner before I apply this moisturiser and this has helped a bit, but I have to apply this cream sparingly in this area, because although I have very dry skin on my nose this cream seems to not sink in as well here as on my cheeks and makes it oily. 

All in all though, I do really like Steam Cream, especially for it's beautiful, relaxing lavender scent. I will definitely continue using it for the time being. If my t-zone starts to get used to it, I will probably make this my staple face moisturiser but if not I may have to find a new moisturiser for my dry skin, which is a shame because I really love this moisturiser for the way it's helped my redness! 

I hope my review helped, if you have any questions feel free to ask!
Much love,
Jodi Pops
x

3 comments:

  1. adorable endearin' stuff;)
    follow you back

    cheers
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cool post! Great blog! Your posts keep me coming back for more - it's cos you're amazing!!! Have a great day and a brilliant week ahead! Looking forward to more posts from you!

    the-white-list.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved steam cream! xx http://www.thenudestylist.com/2014/05/steam-cream-i-wont-forget-you.html

    ReplyDelete