Thursday, 28 June 2012

Review: Mac Lipstick in Diva (with swatches)


If you follow my blog you may well have noticed that recently I have been addicted to wearing super dark lipstick. I still love my bright reds but I find that in the summer they can be a little too much for in the daytime. I'm not entirely sure what it was that made me decide to go for Mac's Diva as my staple summer shade, it's not exactly your typical summer shade, but I guess I feel like it's so wrong that it kind of works.


Here's what it looks like swatched on my hand. As you can see it's a beautiful, dark burgundy with a matte finish. Like all Mac lipsticks, the colour is super rich as the lipstick is highly pigmented.

 And here is what it looks like on my lips. This is only one layer so you can see just how pigmented this lipstick is!

I bought myself this lipstick as a treat for finishing my exams, and since then I've worn it pretty much every day, the colour is so versatile and goes with just about anything. 

I only have one tiny problem with this lipstick. I really love the look of matte finishes but they can be very drying, especially with this lipstick in particular. Because of how drying it is, I sometimes find that after a few hours wear, this lipstick starts to go a bit clumpy and patchy on my lips, and needs to be blotted off completely before reapplying, making it a little impractical for nights out.

Aside from that, this is definitely my favourite lipstick of the summer (replacing my winter staple - Mac's Russian Red). You can always count on Mac lipsticks for quality, and this one certainly delivers.

6 comments:

  1. what a bold shade <3 do check my blog may be we follow each other
    www.beautifullflavya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This color looks amazing on you! You can probably really get away with wearing super dark colors cause your skin is so pale and beautiful! I really like this color on you :)

    ReplyDelete