Sunday, 27 May 2012

John Frieda Sheer Blonde Update (Sensitive Skin)

As I mentioned in my April Favorites post, I've been using the Sheer Blonde Shampoo and Conditioner for a few weeks now, and despite having heard quite a few bad reviews of them, I wasn't really having any problems with them. They were making my hair appear a much brighter blonde and I was really enjoying using them. I used to use Sheer Blonde when I was younger and never had any problems, so I don't know if they've changed the formula or if my skin has got more sensitive as I've got older, but after a few of weeks of use I started to notice my scalp was starting to itch a lot. Maybe I would have noticed sooner but I've been very busy revising and haven't really thought about much else! This irritation has got gradually worse though, and when I looked at my scalp I noticed red bumps and blotches. I'm trying to grow my hair longer, so an irritated scalp is definitely not the best way to go about things, so I have now discontinued use of the shampoo and my scalp feels okay again.
I will continue using the conditioner as I don't think this was causing me problems and it is nice and moisturizing, but I don't think the conditioner does that much to really brighten my hair without the shampoo, so in future I will be buying a less expensive conditioner that does the same job! I just wanted to do this post to let other people with sensitive skin know that these products can cause a reaction. They work really well at improving the colour of blonde hair, and I have friends who use these without any problems, but before use, I would definitely recommend doing a patch test first. They are really worth it if you don't react to them though! Anyway, I just thought I would do this quick update, I hope everyone is out enjoying this sunshine on this lovely Sunday afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment