Wednesday, 30 May 2012

Clinique Super City Block Review

I have a confession - I really do not like the sunshine. I'm pretty pale and tend to burn very easily so I'm always very wary of it, and I got sunstroke a few years ago so I'm now very paranoid every time I sit in the sun for too long! In this weather (it's been pretty hot in the UK this last week) I am always extra cautious to make sure I protect my skin from the damaging rays of the sun, I've usually got a bottle of factor 50 in my bag and although my foundation does have SPF 10 in it, this isn't enough in my opinion, so I make sure I also wear Clinique Super City Block on my face as well.

This product cost me £16.00 for 40ml in Boots, and it definitely is worth the money in my opinion. On the rest of my body I'll just use any old sun cream as long as it has a high UVA and UVB rating but on my face I like to make sure it's a product that's not going to leave a greasy film on my face that would be horrible to try and apply make up over. Super City Block says it can be worn as "an invisible under-makeup primer or alone, on bare skin" and its oil free formula means it really does sink in quickly, creating a nice smooth base to apply make up over, or it is sheer enough to wear alone if you don't like wearing foundation in the hot weather.

Here's what it looks like on my hand, it's a kind of beige colour but blends out to be virtually transparent, which then sinks in quickly. I think this product would be suitable for pretty much any skin type, it sinks in like a dream on my dry skin but it's oil free formula means it would probably do the same for all skin types.


Super City Block is available in either SPF 25 or SPF 40, but I bought the 40 because I believe you can never be too careful! I was torn between buying this and La Roche Posay SPF 50+ sun cream (I'd rather the higher factor of the La Roche Posay) but they test on animals and it wasn't safe to use near the eyes, whereas this states on the packaging that it is "safe for the delicate eye area". Another thing I liked about this is that it contains a high level of antioxidants, perfect for protecting the skin from nasties in the air caused by pollution, something which I could do with protection on in smokey, polluted London!

The only downside to this product is that I don't think it's waterproof, so I will need to use a different sun protection product when I'm on holiday, but I won't be wearing make up in the day then anyway so it won't really matter! I would definitely recommend this product, it's totally worth the price in my opinion, I really love it so much!
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to leave me a comment down below and ask, I will get back to you!

much love, 
Jodi Pops 
x

No comments:

Post a Comment