Wednesday, 25 April 2012

Clarins Skin Illusion Foundation Review

It's happened! I've finally found my perfect foundation! Clarins Skin Illusion Natural Radiance Foundation is actually exactly what I have been looking for. I could rave about how wonderful this foundation is forever, it's my new staple. Since I've been wearing this foundation I've had so many compliments on how my skin looks or how I just look generally better - it's improved my confidence so much.
I've never really tried Clarins foundations before. My mom is a loyal fan of Clarins, but for some reason I always seem to overlook them when I go make up shopping. But after being a little disappointed with the lack of variety in shades of the Chanel Vitalumiere, my stepmom suggested trying Clarins and I'm never looking back!

The foundation costs £24 for 30ml and comes in this sleek red box. As you can see, my shade is 105 and the foundation contains SPF 10, along with mineral and plant extracts.


The bottle is glass with a very lovely gold lid, and has a pump, which is very convenient as well as hygienic. The actual foundation itself has a beautiful, fresh smell to it, a bit like cucumber, and when applied feels dewy and moisturising on my face.


I applied this foundation with my fingers, but the lady at the Clarins counter who helped me find my shade applied it with a brush. If I'm honest the end result was fairly similar so it doesn't really matter how you choose to apply it, I just use my fingers because I don't own a brush! It's definitely down to personal choice though.

Here is what the foundation looks like on my face in natural light 



 And here with the camera flash on 



As I've said before, I like foundation to be light coverage and natural looking, and being more of a medium coverage foundation, it's a little more coverage than I have been used to in the past, but I still think the finish is great and natural looking. I have quite a bit of redness in my cheeks and find that usually if I build up foundation to cover this it can look obvious. However with this foundation, it blends evenly to cover imperfections like those giving a smooth finish that isn't too opaque and still feels lightweight (and it lasts all day!).

I love the finish of this foundation, it's a little less dewy than my Bobbi Brown Luminous Moisturising Foundation and the Chanel Vitalumiere, but I think I actually prefer it! It has a kind of dreamy, illuminating satin finish that looks absolutely flawless, and I feel like the shade helps to brighten my skin.


All in all, this foundation really is my new holy grail foundation, and I'd recommend it to anyone! I really hope that Clarins never discontinue this foundation, because it really is beautiful.

Let me know if you have any questions about this foundation, and tell me what your favourite foundations are!

Jodi Pops
x

6 comments:

  1. i love light coverage foundations too. but this one looks so lovely. your skin looks flawless! i usually use clinque foundation but i might give this one a try. thanks for sharing this review :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, i'm glad my review was helpful :)
      i used to be a big fan of clinique foundations too, but they discontinued my favourite one!!!
      this foundation is definitely worth a try, let me know how you get on with it!
      xxxx

      Delete
  2. Absolutely loving your makeup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning make up
    might have to give that foundation a go

    love,
    www.iliketowearsilyhats.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. it looks so beautiful on you!!!! but I think you have really pretty skin already, heehee :)) Love the lipcolor, suits you so much! I really enjoyed your review! really helpful and thorough!

    I think I read you have dry skin, if you don't mind me asking, did it feel comfortable on your skin, and did it accentuate any dryness you had? I wish it was a bit more dewy. :P I'm looking to buy a foundation but I only like some that are far too expensive for my budget (I also considered Mac Face & Body but it breaks people out) but this one is just great. :) Thanks for any input!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello lovely! sorry that it took me so long to reply, I have been away!
      i'm glad you liked the review! It does feel comfortable on my dry skin but only if I keep my skin well moisturised, I find that with most foundations though, they can be quite uncomfortable on my skin if I don't layer up moisturiser underneath!
      and yeah I agree, I usually like very dewy foundations too but i do think this one still has a nice finish and it still gives skin a nice dewy glow
      I've never tried Mac Face and Body so unfortunately I'm not much help there :( I hope you manage to find your perfect foundation though, let me know how you get on!!
      xxx

      Delete