Saturday, 28 April 2012

April Favourites

So I thought I'd share with you guys some of the things that I've been loving over this busy exam period.

First up, it's candles. I've been working my socks off at the moment trying to prepare for final submissions of essays and revising for my upcoming exams, so it's nice to have things to help me relax and unwind after a long day in the library. I'm in love with the beautiful scents of these Yankee Candles at the moment. I could never afford to buy Yankee candles at full price, but the True Rose one was from the Clintons sale and cost just £8 instead of the RRP of £16.99. My lovely housemate who is a huge candle addict let the rest of the house know when she was going to the sale so that we could all tell her what candles we wanted and pay her back when she got home, so we all got some great bargains thanks to her! It smells absolutely amazing, I love strong floral scents like rose, jasmine and lavender, so this candle is absolutely perfect.

 My other Yankee Candle is French Lavender, a scent I find so relaxing. I usually burn this for a few hours before I go to bed, it makes my room smell incredible and I definitely think the scent helps me to sleep. This one came from Boundary Mill and I think it cost about £10.99, which is still really good value compared with the RRP.
If you can't find any Yankee candles for cheaper and don't want to pay full price for them, I also recommend the Air Wick Purple Lavender Meadow candle, as well as the Glade Moment's Sandalwood and Jasmine candle, both of which have lovely, relaxing scents. Also, Sainsbury's do a great range of candles that are really affordable, they do one that smells like coconut that is definitely next on my list! 

I've also really been loving the John Frieda Sheer Blonde Highlight Activating shampoo and conditioner. My hair is naturally blonde, but it seems to have gone a little darker over the winter. Also, I've been trying to use castor oil on my hair to try and promote growth, but I've read that castor oil can also have hair darkening properties, so I wanted to be safe and buy something that I hope will keep my hair looking blonde. I really love both the shampoo and the conditioner, and they seem to be bringing out my natural highlights while still keeping my hair nice and moisturised.

Another exam stress tip - camomile tea! I'm an avid drinker of green tea, but I now tend to drink a cup of this Twinings Camomile, Honey and Vanilla tea before bed, it really helps me to wind down and it tastes amazing.

Marc Jacobs Daisy is the perfect spring/ summer fragrance, it's light and floral, and the bottle is gorgeous!!! Although so far the weather in London has not shown much signs of spring, I'm wearing this every day because to me it smells like spring in a bottle!

Next up is this leather rucksack that I picked up in a charity shop while I was in Burnley a few weeks ago. I've wanted a leather backpack like this for so long, I've been searching high and low for about a year, so you can imagine my joy when I found this! It was brand new with the tags still on and cost £4.50, but ended up costing me just £2.50 because the charity shop had some kind of offer on that day. Anyway, I absolutely love it, it's my new go to handbag, and I'm pretty sure I've seen something very similar in Topshop for about £50!

Last, and probably least, is this lilac nail varnish from Primark.  I love the pastel shade to this, but unfortunately the packaging isn't great, as the brush falls out of the lid a lot. However, I think this only cost about £1, so I can't complain too much!

Comment and let me know what you've been loving this April, as well as what you think of any of these products.


Jodi Pops
x

9 comments:

  1. I love scented candles to help me relax at this stressful time of year too - and the Yankee candles smell amazing! Ikea candles smell lovely too, and they are only a fraction of the price! :)

    Brilliant find in the charity shop too!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow really? i'll definitely have to check those out! gotta love ikea

      good luck with your exams :) xxx

      Delete
    2. Yes! Impossible to come out of that place empty handed!

      Thank you, I need it! Good luck with yours too, and your essay submissions..not long till summer now :)

      xx

      Delete
  2. That bag is gorgeous!

    http://dressingupwithdesire.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. love them! looks like they smell fantastic.. And the nail polish color is to die for

    I followed your blog. I hope you can follow me back =)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice backpack!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic blog and brilliant post!!! You're amazing!!! Your sense of style is fantastic too!!! Absolutely brilliant...

    the-white-list.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. i like the backpack! i also have yankee candles, they smell gorgeous:) i have heard so many negative reviews on the john frieda duo! does it dry your hair out?!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thank you! and yess yankee candles are so great! Well I was gonna get the John Frieda Go Blonder range, but i'd also read a lot of bad reviews on that saying it caused bad scalp reactions and stuff which didn't sound nice! I think these are a little gentler, so far i haven't had any problems with them so far but i'll do an update if i do! :) xxx

      Delete